Originally Posted by antlers
I believe that God’s saving grace is unconditional and everlasting, and that Jesus’ work of redemption is total and complete and everlasting. Once we truly believe and truly receive it, our sins, all of em’...past, present, and future...are covered by the Blood of the Atonement. Nothing can be added to it, and nothing can be taken from it. John 3:16 is the gospel in a nutshell, and it says that we have received everlasting life. That means forever. Period.

To me, it seems that the ‘unforgivable’ status is tied to an ongoing and willful hard-heartedness. It doesn’t so much prevent them from being forgiven, more so it prevents them from doing what’s necessary to seek forgiveness. It seems that “blasphemy against the Holy Spirit” was committed by Jesus’ adversaries and ‘not’ by those who had professed allegiance to Him. The danger...the ultimate basis for ‘unforgivable’...to me, appears to be a hard-hearted, unbelieving, and unrepentant attitude towards God, by those whose sins had never been covered by the Blood of the Atonement.

You and I are sinners.....even though our sins are covered by the Blood of the Atonement.....we still sin, and we will still die sinners. You and I must still account for our lives though, we will both still stand in judgement before our Creator, and be admonished for our sin.....including our continued sin ‘after’ we accepted God’s saving grace. But, to me, the eternal consequences of our sin...all of em’...will be ‘passed over’ because our sins are covered by the Blood of the Atonement.

It’s OK if our opinions differ on this matter; we may also disagree on some aspects of politics or child rearing or elk hunting. Our difference of opinion on any of these things in no way diminishes any of these things.
Amen, Brother!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.