Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
This thread is about "How Permanent is Your Salvation?"

So I'm curious Hastings, with the parts you believe, How permanent is Your salvation?

I am going to treat any witness concerning Jesus the same way a court would treat any unreliable witness. His testimony is useless if some of his testimony is false. As I've said before, perjurers attempting to sell a falsehood bring it in under cover of known truth and hope the falsehood can get in without detection. Your selection of 1st John does not absolve Paul even if the two agree there.
I'm going to ask you if you think a person with access to and studying the whole bible with the exception of Paul and Hebrews could come to salvation? Can a person study the OT and the teachings of John the Baptist, Jesus, and the rest with the exclusion of Paul come to salvation? Let's say he was alone in a deserted place and someone dropped him the Bible with that part missing?

Yes, Of course.
The gospel is found throughout the Bible.
However, I don't think anyone would get saved without someone who is able to explain it to them.

The question I asked you is one example.
Did I John 5 sound familiar?
I thought it would. It was the same thing that Jesus said to Nicodemus in John 3:15-18.
I know you are familiar with and know that.
That's a good clear passage I think we agree on

Good night