Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by K22
Find the root of Christianity and there you will find your answers.
Sir, what is “the root of Christianity” in your estimation...?

Isaiah 53:2

CORRECT! ☕ 🙂 👍
So this special passage you reference goes out to ALL THE READERS:
"Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? 2For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. 3He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. 4Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."

Question: How can a man "obey the gospel?"
"But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?"

Answer:. BELIEVE that gospel.

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: 5And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: 6After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep."

I Corinthians 15

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved..."
Acts 16:30...

Saved from the same hell that Jesus warned about.
Saved from the same hell that some mock.
Saved from everlasting torment to be given the free gift from God that Jesus paid in full. It can ONLY be received by faith/believing in the True ROOT of Christianity.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
Ephesians 2:8...

No good works of baptism, giving up of sins, turning over a new leaf, treating people with kindness, etc are acceptable with God. His ONLY acceptable payment was the torments and bloody death of His only begotten Son. The gift of everlasting life has already been paid for. Anyone who tries to add their paltry payment of good deeds is insulting the God of the universe. That's why it takes a non work faith in that which was already done by Him. That is true undeserved kindness.

Do you believe this?
See links below for a special prayer to receive that free gift.

God bless everyone who considers this.
V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 09/28/21.