Originally Posted by shaman
Originally Posted by TF49

Like I said….

If one does not want a relationship with his Creator, that is tragic.

No relationship with God…before your death….. then no relationship with God after your death….. and no relationship for “eternity.”

I believe in Free Will. I believe God does everything he can to lead us to Redemption. However, we do have it in our power to screw up. There is one sin that cannot be forgiven and that is the willful denial of God. It results in . . . well, what the non-believers think of as Death. The lights go out and then nothing. Damnation is the eternal separation from God.
That isn't what's called the unforgivable sin. That one is calling the Holy Spirit evil. It comes from Mark 3, 22-30. Verse 30 plainly calls it. Note though, in v.29, that Jesus calls it AN eternal sin, not THE eternal sin. That leaves room for more than one. Denying Christ can be another one but it's not the one normally called the unforgivable sin. It's also found in Mathew 12:31-32 but the one in Mark has that defining verse 30.

That word blaspheme is hard to pin down for a meaning. It's used in many different ways. In general, though, it usually means 'in place of' or 'against'. In this case, it would mean 'Satan being named in place of the Holy Spirit'.

Mark 3:
22 And the scribes who came down from Jerusalem were saying, "He is possessed by Beelzebul," and "by the prince of demons he casts out the demons."
23 And he called them to him and said to them in parables, "How can Satan cast out Satan?
24 If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
25 And if a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand.
26 And if Satan has risen up against himself and is divided, he cannot stand, but is coming to an end.
27 But no one can enter a strong man’s house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man. Then indeed he may plunder his house.
28 "Truly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the children of man, and whatever blasphemies they utter,
29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin" — 
30 for they were saying, "He has an unclean spirit."

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.