Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by K22
Saved from what?

Excellent question.

Saved from sin and it's wages... eternal consequence.

Everlasting spiritual death
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
Roman s 6:23

The spiritually dead suffer torments.

"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

Now you can see from the first verse I mentioned,

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
Roman s 6:23

We deserve to go to hell.
God loves us, so He gave Jesus His only begotten Son to take our place. He suffered enough so that anyone who DECIDES to go to heaven through HIM will be saved from suffering forever.
It takes you changing your mind and realizing that you can't add anything to the salvation by good works. What we could add amounts to a few filthy rags compared to Jesus' torments. The decision involves making Him the object of our trust/ faith/believe .

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

To make it very simple, there's a prayer to receive this gift located at the end of the links below. PM anytime or if you (or others) decide to make that decision.

Ya have to love how you turn simple words into some form of a religion. Sin, a Greek Archery term, to miss the mark. it can also mean to be mistaken, to err, exactly what religious teachings are doing.

Direct one to one translation and picking random definitions isn't a good way to translate according to the brilliant translators of the KJ Bible. Even the linguists and translators I know have agreed as it applies to any translation.

The 400 year Bible in our language often defines key words.
I never turned simple words into religion.
I'm the first to tell you and anyone who will listen that religion has NOTHING to do with salvation. I shared something with Jaguar and apparently you don't agree. OK. I won't lose any sleep over that. You gave a list of problems you have with certain words, starting with sin.
I don't even have to go to a koine Greek dictionary.
James defines sin very well.

"Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law."

So James says! And that Book was renamed or placed in the Bible by request of King James. What James says or doesn't say will not cause me to loose much sleep either.
My salvation belief has nothing to do with the Vatican/Protestant teachings. I am quite aware of where those teachings originated from and I'll have nothing to do with them. You all can continue on with those teachings for as long as you like in my opinion, but I would be most cautious where those teachings originated from. Fear is not what Jesus taught. Just sayin'.

My problem with certain words that you use is that a whole religion was built around those words when in fact, those words spoke truth, but not how you and religionuse them.

Like you, I lose zero sleep over peoples beliefs, in fact, I'm not certain why I even bothered to make multiple posts in this thread. A bit abnormal for me. I'm sure Jag would agree. I've read here in this thread to know that I would not follow what most have said. While there is a line of truth in those "teachings" there is also enough falsehood to make them null and void.

Those ol' Nazi, I mean Ashkenazi and Khazar Jews are masters of deceit.

Are you a follower of Charles Russell aka Jehovah's Witnesses?

Not hardly.
Jehovah Witnesses's is a religion.
Putting me in a box with a label is not wise. I prefer thinking outside the box.

Last edited by K22; 09/28/21.