Originally Posted by Hastings
''There is no coming to consciousness without pain'' said Carl Jung. A false belief such as taught by Paul can be awfully hard to turn loose of. I know, I had to after examining him vs. Jesus. It is sort of like but way worse than having to admit you have made a bad investment. I've had to admit that occasionally also.

Jesus to Ananias in a vision: Ac 9:16 I will show him how much he must suffer for my name."

One of Paul's sufferings was seeing the words given to him by the HS rejected by false teachers. It's still going on today.

I'm glad you're happy with picking and choosing what parts of the Bible to believe. I don't have that luxury because I believe every last word of the Bible is God breathed and totally true. There are parts I don't understand and translation problems are always present, but the words are true nonetheless. If you're reading Carl Jung, I can see why you have problems believing in the Lord. Jung's teachings in many way parallel the gnostics who Paul fought long and hard during his lifetime.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.