Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs
I wonder the percentage of the Australian population that:

1) Carries a handgun every day?
2) Has a gun (of whatever type) in their car while driving around every day, even if not on their person?

Please note I am not asking about people who have gun(s) at home, and just take them out to go hunting or to the range for a little target practice.

Do any of our Aussie friends know? Even roughly?

Thanks

1. Private carry, none
2. The only people that would bother to do so are those using them at work or for hunting...not much point otherwise.

The thing you fellows don't seem to grasp is that there isn't much point in walking about with a firearm on your person in Australia, as it is simply not needed.

Yes I am aware that some clown is going to huff and puff about "freedom" or some such...but the only pricks that want to carry here are want-to-be bad-arses...generally referred to as wankers.

Unfortunately here in the US there is good reason to carry a weapon in many places. we do not live in the ShangriLa Of Australia. Funny how freedom is not high on your list. Seems that the government you have is plenty of reason to be armed. I guess freedom doesn't mean much if you don't have it. https://www.opindia.com/2021/07/aus...-lockdown-in-sydney-covid-19-cases-rise/

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]