Originally Posted by ExpatFromOK
Come on, people. No one is going to respond positively in a discussion when you insult their country. I wouldn’t and I don’t think you would either. Each country has its own quirks to include our own. This is the Australia forum. Why provoke citizens of the US’ best ally in the Southern Hemisphere?

well said and I even raised a post about this on the European forum. Despite Australia having fairly similar culture to the US and a lot better gunlaws and freedoms than much of Europe , Australian forums always seem to come under much harder attack by random US posters. I also pointed out on the other thread, European, Asian and even South American sub-forums almost never get attacked at all in 20 years of the internet!

Look at the threads and posts here by rickt300, shootem, bustem, rifleguy etc and similar lightweights. Its like a meeting for 2 digit IQ anonymous, every week we get a new one appear..

Its why Aus/NZ forums are almost dead across US sites these days.

10 years ago Aus subforums were pumping- despite our lesser gun freedoms, we have hunting freedoms most countries can only dream of. Game in plague proportions, no seasons, no bag limits, no calibre restrictions, small game through to thickskinned and you can shoot 1000 head of game a year if you want. Conversations of such hunting, volume culling and Australian opinions on bullet performance ( since we can shoot as much in a year as other countries in a lifetime) were once commonplace. Now we barely poke our heads in to our own forums to see if anyone is talking hunting or just the usual abuse.