Originally Posted by rost495
LMAO. Wife and I carry every day. Self responsible. We are scared of nothing.

I’ve never carried and never had any concerns about it – I feel just fine. You guys ever gone out without carrying?

Of course I get it that most don't like life vests, fire extinguishers and AED either. Just prefer to risk it all.

I have a smoke alarm, fire extinguisher and first aid kit at home, and another set of the latter two in my car. I'm sure many others do the same.

What would you do illegally if you did and could carry every day? Nothing more.

I agree but seems some do carry and act illegally over there.

As to the schools, a number of crimes have been stopped by armed citizens.

To add context, there has been 80 or so school shooting in the US so far this year – that’s about 80 or so more than over here. The number and ease of access to firearms to law abiding citizens doesn't seem to be a deterrent.

Australia has to be a cool place too. A shame its as far down the tubes as it is. I'm afraid we aren't far behind.

(You might want to sit down before reading this.)

You have that arse backwards in terms of quality of life. The US is slightly ahead of China (Australia ranking of 6, USA ranking of 20, China ranking of 23, according to US News. Other organizations have lists with similar results):

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/quality-of-life-rankings

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/standard-of-living-by-country

(shown for headings:)
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

(applicable part of the list once sorted against US news rankings:)
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Seems the US may already be in the S-bend.

I kinda think that we are best off not taking any quality of life advice from you guys.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?