Originally Posted by mauserand9mm

Not sure, haven't heard anything lately. Looks like they are somewhat in the remote regions. Most of the human population is on the east coast with relatively short travel to areas with pigs, foxes, cats, wild dogs etc so these are more commonly hunted. Camels were also a problem at one stage I thought but you'd have to be really keen, and well prepared, to visit the areas where they inhabit.

Check out the appendix in the attached report (it's 10 years old, so is out of date, but gives some sort of idea):

Pest Animals OzzieLand

Very interesting. It's just very strange reading deer listed as a pest animal, as someone who lives in a state with an extremely short annual licensed deer season. We only get a 7 day firearm season for them.

I know feral cats are a big problem in cities here in the US, and feral hogs are thick down south. Where I'm at, coyotes, ground squirrels, groundhogs, and raccoons are the worst pest animals. Feral hogs are beginning to trickle into the area, though, so I'm sure they'll become an issue sooner than later.