Originally Posted by Bugger
Originally Posted by zeissman
The ignorance shown by some of the American posters on here regarding firearm laws in Australia is beyond belief. You'd think that if someone was going to criticize a country's firearm laws, that they would at least have some idea what they're talking about.

The latest Global Peace Index for 2022 places Australia at 27 and the good old USA at 129. That's right, 129, far worse than many 3rd world countries. The simple fact is that in Australia and New Zealand (rated 2nd safest country) people don't need to carry a firearm for self defense because there is no threat. I'm 70 years young and have never known any member of the law abiding public who has needed a gun for self defense and I was in law enforcement for many years.

Idiot

A typical low IQ response similar to what the little tyke ribka would come up with. 129th in the world for safety! Something to be really proud of. I suppose you're really proud of your current commie president too?

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal