One thing to add is that the police have a register of firearms that we own. The register is a separate document and they used to issue periodically to the license owner, usually after a purchase was made, or a firearm sold. I think they stopped sending the updated register through - I certainly haven't received a copy for the last few transactions that I've made over the recent years. They do keep a register though. I think it's like an appendix or addendum to the actual license - linked to the license.

We have specific requirements for safe storage of firearms ie safes, and the police will inspect the safe and installation arrangements usually when we've move home. They'll also use the opportunity to check the safe contents against the register - or rather looking for extra or missing items.

Our firearms can be stored at other locations (eg friends house) but they have to be licensed and have a copy of a letter signed by the firearm's owner to say they have permission to be in possession of the firearm. This can happen for example when travelling to other locations for certain events. For example, Big Game Rifle match requires half a dozen rifles each and it's not possible to fit them all into the sedan with 3 or 4 passengers, so the guy with the ute or van or truck may end up carting a couple of dozen rifles or so, and well as storing them at his home leading up to the travel (assuming he also has the appropriate safe storage facilities at his home or point of departure - maybe starting from a club house with the larger storage facilities for example).

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?