Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar
Originally Posted by DMc
I'm in!!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Looks like he used a 32 Winchester Special, just like my Dad’s! Excellent choice!

I got my 1st deer ('60) and 1st elk ('62) with a 32 Spc. Actually, the 94's were identical to the 30-30 except for the bore size. You can't tell the difference except by reading the barrel stamp...or shooting the wrong ammo.

Rock Chuck,
Those have to be great memories! I remember my Dad using his old 32 WS like most folks would use a .22.
There was a visual clue as to the chambering of the pictured rifle. Look at the rear sight. I believe that is the one they called the Express Smokeless sight. I can’t post pictures worth a lick so here is a link to a rifle with a similar sight: http://www.harryviezensfineguns.com...ecial-with-special-smokeless-rear-sight/

That rear sight was unique to the 32 Winchester Special.

These types of posts are fun and a learning opportunity. I used to study and collect 94's. It has been quite some time since my interest waned. That being said, the special smokeless sight was only available on rifles but not carbines IIRC. The sight looks to be the typical carbine ladder sight seen on most carbines prior to 1938. The above statement is based solely on an aging and often incorrect mind. I have always admired the 32 Win. Spl. Great cartridge.