Originally Posted by DaveR

Look at all them Swedes just grabbin' chit.

It is so bad there now. Getting worse by the month. Wasn't but 5 years ago, I worked in Santa Monica, and we lived in Marina del Rey. The Marina was a nice little enclave away from virtually all of the bullchit. Nothing really happened there. Great vibe, quiet, views, and nice environment. By the time we left 9 months ago, you could not go into the local Ralphs without having someone to unlock a cabinet so you could buy booze, toothpaste, razors, or any number of different things. Anything worth more than a ten spot was locked up behind glass, and you had to ask for someone to unlock the case.

High dollar $6k a month apartment on the water, and homeless, naked, wrinkled as fug old hags and dudes changing clothes under the balcony and ranting. That chit didn't fly just a couple years ago in LA County under Sheriff Villanueava. But the chit started creeping over the border from LA to LA County (Washington blvd). Marina del Rey virtually ruined. Still better than most areas, but is no longer a place for decent people to live without having to tolerate the degenerates.

I loved MdR. You couldn't pay me enough to move back there now. And Santa Monica? Has been lost for years.

CA has been chit for a long time. None of us doubt that. But the drastic downward spiral the last few years of "decent areas" was astonishing. I saw it happen day by day.

One can get numb to it...to a certain degree. But I recently made a (reluctant) trip back for a family emergency last month, and my main thought was "fugg...how did we stay here so long." What an absolute 3rd world chithole it is now. You thought it was bad even just 5 years ago? Haha.

Most on this forum would have been shocked at the state of affairs there 10, 15 years ago. The last 5 years? Intolerable.

Tinfoil hat on....they're (the politicians) allowing it to happen on purpose. They know they have KA locked up for the vote. They want to make it so miserable for everyone that they are hoping to drive out their voting base to red states in order to turn them blue.[/quote]

How can I say this nicely? What utter BS.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg