Originally Posted by Cascade
Regions and Rifles - where do you hunt, what do you hunt and what's your choice of rifle?

We know the generalizations, but where do you hunt, with what and for what? Thanks!

I'm in the northwest, Washington. I typically hunt mule deer, black bear, and sometimes elk. Usually with my 30-06 bolt action Remington and usually with a 165 grain Nosler bullet. Ya, I change that up time to time, but that's my normal "do it all" setup.

What's yours?

For my moose hunting, in my normal area in Alaska:
I use stainless and synthetic rifles. Normally Ruger rifles in 338 Winchester, 375 Ruger, 416 Ruger. If not the Rugers, M70 stainless in 338 Winchester, 375 H&H, 416 Ruger.
Bullets:
338 = Barnes 225 grain TSX
375 = 270 grain TSX
416 = 350 grain TSX

My usual is a Ruger stainless in either 375 or 416 Ruger. My shots are normally pretty close.
Winchester M70 stainless in 338 Winchester, 375 H&H, 416 Remington are also options in rifles. But, normally it is the Rugers.

I have the urge to try a Kimber Montana in 325 WSM, 200 grain TSX.

If I had to choose one for varied terrain and pretty much any game animal, I would pick my old Ruger Mark II stainless with 210 /225 grain TTSX. I have lots of faith in the rifle and those bullets.