Originally Posted by Mike78
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Originally Posted by ERK
They are making what most people are wanting to buy. It’s business. Most of the rifles on the shelves are 6.5 creedmore. Apparently they sell because the stores are ordering the hell out of them. Edk

Nope. My shelves are still full of those rifles. Customers tell you what they want and we hear it daily…and they don’t want the new stuff they’re pumping out. Not everyone wants a camo budget rifle in the color of the week.

The outrageous prices on we all see on Ruger 77’s, Hawkeye’s, 700’s, New Haven 70’s, Kimber’s and Fieldcraft’s tell us exactly what everyone is looking for.

Do those still making rifles have an answer? Or is their plan to keep giving us junk until we finally succumb to mediocrity?

I wish I knew. I do think there are some guys involved in making major decisions that shouldn’t be in their role. I understand profitability as a business owner, but I also they can’t quantify the loss in sales if the correct product isn’t in the market.

This all goes back a few years, but rifle sales were lagging. All gun sales lag when an administration isn’t threatening to take your guns. Budget guns were still making a huge dent in the market, as were precision rifles. Sales of traditional hunting rifles were slow, but steady. There were several options to choose from then as well. Not that the market was saturated, but everyone had a traditional bolt gun so there were options.

There aren’t many options now and Boards are making decisions for manufacturers. They saw the profitability on budget bolts and precision rifles and decided to beat that horse to death.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!