It might be as simple as they can sell all they make of the stuff geezers hate, so why bother with other stuff? As someone mentioned, Ruger has historically suspended production of models when the supply lines were deemed full so as not to create surpluses that lead to big discounts, like the $800 No.1 V you sold me a few years back😛. I’ll bet some of their classic stuff will reappear once the huge demand for anything that spits lead subsides.

I recently bought what probably is my last rifle, at least my last new one, an M70 EW MB. I’ve played with a few M70s over the years, including a Pre64 I hunted with for 30-odd years, a Post-64 .22/250 that belonged to an old friend, and a couple of Classic SS .270s belonging to my sons. The two SS Classics were the worst of the lot, the Pre-64 and my new one the best. Except for the two-piece bolt of the new one, I’d rank it fully the equal of the old one, though they are configured very differently of course. I’d prefer the old trigger, but the new one is just fine. Machining quality, smoothness, and function are all I could ask for. Wasn’t cheap, but it was worth it.

Haven’t cared about Remingtons since I bought a 600 50 years ago. I’ll take a Howa over a 700 every time for their solid, all forged actions with one-piece bolts and the easiest take-down I’ve seen. I hope the new Remington prospers (and deserves to), but they’ll have to do it without me.

What fresh Hell is this?