Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by auk1124
I could be wrong but I think part of the issue is that tastes in firearms are changing. I believe younger generations are more interested in ARs, pistol caliber carbines, and tactical-style bolt guns than hunting rifles. The market goes where the demand is.

My son is 22. He has an AR for govarmints.

Outside of that - a MKII in 243 (wood/blue) and a Bergara 30-06.

He lusts over traditional rifles.

The shelves aren't well stocked with them.

The younger people want/buy what's available and if all that's available is AR based - that's what gets sold which perpetuates the idea that onlyy those will sell. Self fulfilling prophecy.

Some - definitely but you tell me all these hipsters wearing vintage flannel, boots and hats all suggenly want ARs when it comes to guns? And yes, young people are buying guns...

Teal's last point is spot on. The hipsterization of rifles is a thing. It's the people who like clothes from the store brand new that are made to look like they came from the thrift store... but equated for old Winchesters and Husqvarnas. Google has tons of blogs about "how to restore a vintage rifle like your grandpa" and stuff like that. Those folks aren't touching an AR because it's "evil."

Last edited by clockwork_7mm; 01/10/22.