This thread touches on all the things I’ve been thinking for a while.

I’ve emailed and called Ruger to bring back the Hawkeye. Had money in hand last year and was ready to buy a .204 but none were available.

I’ve emailed Kimber asking what was up. Last week in fact. “Everything you see in our website is still in current production”. Well, you sure can’t find any of it in gunbroker or gunsinternstionsl for sale. I also told them to do a “classic-esque” like like SAS referenced above. Limited numbers in special cartridges for the year. They says they’d pass it along…

At least Winchester still offers Featherweights and Super Grades and the old classics and I’m spending money on them.

I don’t want a dog knot on the end of my rifle.

I don’t want a rail.

I don’t want a tacti-cool scope on my 1885.

Teal touched on something I’ve often thought as well. Manufacturers can say “see, the market is demanding we bring this cheap entry level crap to sell, that is all they’re buying”. You’d think they’d realize it’s all that is selling because it is the only thing offered un 95% of stores. I’m just an engineer, not a marketing guy though. Maybe cheap crap is what the market will only support.

Look at what a classic stocked classic rifle sells for on gunbroker. Be it a .250 Savage, Roberts, Swedes, 7x57, .300 H&H, etc. if the rifle isn’t hideous, they sell for mega premiums. Release some of these classic styled rifles (84s, 70s, Hawkeyes) in these cartridges, wood/blued, let it be known they’re a limited production number, watch them sell. I think?

I’ll buy a rifle or do a year, sometimes several. I won’t be buying any entry level price point stuff. So either offer it to ne as new production, or I’m buying used.