[i][/i]
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by battue
Were the entire inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah homos, or just some? Never found that mentioned.
They could not have been all homos. And Lot sitting in the gate must have been a town official. I believe he took the visitors in for their protection. I think the entire population except Lot were destroyed for accepting the perversions of sodomy and violence. Sodom was not always a city of such infame as it ended up being. If you look back in Genesis There was an incident where Abraham mounted an expedition to save the population and loot of Sodom when it was pillaged by enemies.

Yea, Lot was such a great guy, offering he virgin daughters to the crowd, then knocking up both of them.
Women were apparently expendable in those days. I can't justify or understand that. Something very similar happened in the book of Judges with the Levite's concubine. It is the part where the tribe of Benjamin was mostly wiped out. Apparently God sanctioned the massacre when he said "Judah shall go first".

And in Judges 21 the remaining members of the tribe of Benjamin slaughter the inhabitants of Jabeshgilead, except for 400 young virgins they took as wives. But they were still 200 women short so the went to Shiloh where the inhabitants were holding a feast in honor of God where the kidnaped the last 200 "wives".

The larger point is this is not a book from which you should take your sexual morality.

It seems to me that the “larger point” is provided in Judges 21:25….

“In those days Israel had no king; everyone did as they saw fit.”

No spiritual leadership….. no moral code….no “right from wrong”. …..when societal conditions like this rule, this is what you get.

Think about it….. “….everyone did as they saw fit…..”

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”