Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Originally Posted by antlers
Does cherry-picking a verse about a specific “abomination” from an old covenant (the Law of Moses) that is no longer in effect…and hasn’t been in effect for 2000 years, and that never ever applied to anyone other than the ancient Israelites to begin with…square up with Jesus’ New Covenant command above…?
Apostle John said that those who profess to be walking in the light…while hating others…are still in darkness themselves. Was Apostle John wrong about that…?

Always the voice of reason, and you're good at it.

We ask, "forgive us our sins AS we forgive those that sin against us"

Does that translate into "in the way we forgive others"? or perhaps "forgive us exactly in the way we process our forgiveness toward others?

Which says to me: the only way we acquire forgiveness is by forgiving.... and the more completely and instantly the more so our transgressions are forgiven?

But there's me off on a tangent again... I blame antlers wink
Heres a question. So I keep reading some of you making a case for homos to have free rein because you believe the bible tells you to love others no matter what. Do you think God would have wanted all of you to sit back and love others while they drive our Nation straight into the depths of hell?