Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
There is no doubt in my mind we agree with the minor issue.

But the problem is, it's the natural progression of the issue that is the heart of what you are defending. They are not content to be left alone to live their life same as anyone else. That's been demonstrated exponentially here in the last decade.

Are there gays that want no part of the large movement that is seeking to overthrow western society? Of course! But they need to take charge and step up throttle this thing back, because they are getting painted with the same brush. And the paint is the blood of the innocent kids being sacrificed.

I'll say it again, the "right" to play dressup and bang a dude in the ass on the down square does not in any sane universe equate to the right to keep and bear arms.

False equivocation my friend.

I drew an inarguable parallel between two types of advocacy.

I support gay people having all of the rights and opportunities that the rest of us have. That includes the right to advocate for their cause. Each time I have mentioned that, someone has argued with me on the grounds of progression. Interestingly enough, if you listen to liberals, they say the same thing about gun owners. Gun owners want every man, woman and child, criminal, mentally ill, out on bail for murder or otherwise defective, to carry guns. They do that for the same reason it is being done here.

As you might guess, based on what I wrote earlier in this thread, I come in contact with gay people on a regular basis. NONE of them advocate for pedophilia, "playing dressup and banging dudes in the ass on the down square" or any of the other red herrings that have been bandied about in this discussion.
So you are ok with gays adopting children? Also, I literally do not know one gun owner who is in favor of a criminal having gun rights

There are two parts to your response.

Yes, I support gays rights to adopt. I don't like it. My default mindset is that children need a male and female mother and father figure to properly socially and emotionally adjust. I don't mind challenging my beliefs as open-mindedly as I possibly can. Here's where that quest to challenge my beliefs lands me. https://whatweknow.inequality.corne...of-children-with-gay-or-lesbian-parents/

There have been numerous conversations here where people have spoken out in favor of felons regaining their right to keep and bear arms. But that's not the point. The point is that the opposition resorts to red herring extremes to muddy the issue.
Why such a high drive to be as open minded as possible? Do you not see where this has taken us?