Originally Posted by dan_oz
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
In my circles it's not something that we really discuss nor need to. Not to say that there is still some outfall but we're largely moving on.

One of the things we really ought to discuss, and this applies equally to both countries, is that the hysteria over Covid led to a wide range of measures taken in the name of public health which either were already known not to work, or were without evidence that they would work, and which were in many cases harmful as well as being an affront to basic freedoms.

Neither country's governments come out of this looking good, nor do the cheerleaders for such things as masking, lockdowns, bans on various sorts of activity, let alone the pressure (sometimes backed by mandates) to accept injection of products which had not properly been tested (and for which the results of both initial testing and ongoing use should have caused serious questions to be asked).

I don't think we should simply memoryhole this and move on.

It would be good to be able to discuss this without the animosity that seems to have marked this thread.

I don't doubt that there will be on-going reviews and documentaries coming out for decades to come and people will make their political decisions based on their experiences (and that will be the usual mixed bag of for and against), but the horse has bolted and things are moving on. It was a global issue and handled differently by different nations. I don't think that anyone will be hanged for what they did or didn't do. Governments weren't brought down during the event - people complied, people resisted, it wasn't complete unified rebellion. People just want to move on, at least that's my take on it. There will always be those complaining. Not being flippant, just my take on the situation.

The Great Reset apocalypse proponents are in the ranks of the flat earthers?

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?