AIC,

ringman, you tested a Z5 Swaro against a Nightforce. You need to compare the Z5 Swaro and the Z6 Swaro. To me the Z6 is Soooooo much clearer. Hard to believe they are both Swaros.

I am glad to read this info. But then one pays about three grand for something that is marginally better. Remember Ford used to make a Falcom and a Fairlane and a Galaxie. Swarovski makes the z3, z5 and the z6 to appeal to people who want to pay a lot more for a tiny bit, if any, better performance.

When someone pays more for a z5 Swarovski than they do for a Nightforce they expect the Swaro to be better in every respect. It isn't. It isn't even as good as my Bushnell 6500 during normal day light, but it is lighter.

I don't want a z6. They are going the wrong direction for me as far as weight goes. I sold the Nightforce. The Bushnell 6500 came off my .257 Weatherby and went on a heavy varmint barrel rifle cause it is just too heavy. The z5 Swarovski is the best compromise between light weight, low light performance, and quality of image and magnification range. Sometimes we have to pay more for what we want.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter