Originally Posted by Magnumdood
The amount of training, and athletic ability needed to break three 2x6x18 long boards after jumping 8 to 10 feet is phenomenal. The first time I broke two boards I didn't even feel the boards as they broke. Lately, I train MMA style fighting because the vast majority of martial arts disciplines don't teach any grappling. I know from repeated experience that 90% of fights end up with the combatants rolling around on the ground. That gets tiring really fast. If you were ever a wrestler, you know how tiring that kind oof fighting is. The guy that is training me is Vincent Fields. Google him; he's about 6'4", goes about 275 right now. He won the amateur MMA heavy weight world championship 5 or 6 years ago. Vinne is the real deal. I've never felt so helpless at the hands of someone else ever. But I'm learning grappling techniques to make an opponent in the ring tap out. The techniques work just as well on the street (unless you've got someone really jacked up on a substance).

Am I the only one who finds this reminiscent of Lee24?

For instance:

Originally Posted by Lee24
All of the modern forms of heavy training follow some sort of routine which allows recovery. Training six days a week, as the Americans and Soviet lifters used to, was only for the most conditioned athletes. Those who tried to copy these routines could not. These routines broke down so much muscle that anabolic steroids were more beneficial to the athletes.

Shorter routines, such Bob Gadjda's circuit training, and later, the Bulgarian routines, do not put so much stress on the muscles.

All the routines require some use of light weights to warm up properly, even after stretching.

The best results in quickly adding strength or muscle mass I found to be 4 day routines, M T Th F, with W S S off. On Mondays and Thursdays do the pushing exercises, Tuesday and Friday the pulling. A variation would be to do lower body one day, upper the next. Bill McCallum and Bill Pearl worked out some great exercise choices and set/reps (usual 5x5) for this regimen.

Last edited by MikeNZ; 06/20/11. Reason: Lee24 quote