Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Perhaps I should have been more forthcoming with my answer. I don't give a [bleep] what you think. I'm going to hunt with that rifle because that's the rifle I want to hunt with; physics and your opinion be damned.

Clear?

Your clarity may be the problem here rather than mine. It doesn't matter to me what rifle you elect to use for a hunt and I never indicated that I did. Initially I pointed out that there are ways (and I detailed one of them) that you might train with lower oxygen air. I also noted that regardless of your level of conditioning, carrying a lighter rifle is less work than a heavier one, which is simple fact. Your reply to that was less commentary on what I actually wrote than an indication you took it as some kind of personal attack. You might as well have said you'd only tote the rifle while the sun was up, it has about as much relation to the work required to carry it as it being your favorite.

It might be you don't care how much work you do and that is all right with me. As above, despite what the voices tell you I'm not trying to talk you out of it or anything. But if you don't expect any commentary of what you write you might want to avoid putting it on a web forum where people comment on what others write.