I am saving for a nice scope to help me extend my range. Trying to graduate from charts and CDS Leupolds to the next step.

Hate to ask the "question" which is asked 3X per week of What Scope. I am torn.

Think I could pony up $1000 which is a popular budget limit for Working Guys. Made the mistake of reading Sniper's Hide for a few weeks. How all these guys are saying "I'm in for 2" on new Nightforce scopes at $2400 each is beyond me.

I've read ScenarShooters reviews of the upcoming Bushnell LRHS scope in 3-12. Seems the scope was pretty much tailored to his specs along w George. There has to be a reason I'm sure. Seen enough pics and targets to know he isn't a poseur. Think many others have asked why he does MILS and meters. Not sure his answer.

I've been doing MOA for a while. I think I get it. Have not had too many hang ups. Very hard for me to consider anything MILS. Spoke to a friend who is a combat vet w confirmed kills behind a bolt gun. We did math, examples, diagrams etc. Still confusing.

Seems all Snipers Hide guys make it simple. Shoot. See splash. Measure from POA to POI, adjust same and send 2nd. That's great if you are splashing on steel. Or Hadj doesn't move and you can see bullet impact.

But if I'm spotting for a bud. He whiffs on an 'lope at 628. I guess he misread the wind by a 12" miss. I can tell him in 5 seconds of math "Hold 2 minutes left"

Am I missing an easy Short Cut with MILS? If I am truing my zero or checking data at 300 yards(or meters) and I'm off 5" what do you adjust(you can't see bullet holes thru scope to measure in MILS in this example)

I'd guess even the cheapest of software or aps offer come ups in both MOA and MILS. Not too much headache there. Just way wierd to me. Lots of scopes offered with MILS of some sort. MOA seems more limited in offerings.

Last edited by Jesse Jaymes; 01/16/14.

Please God, give me some good tags this year....