Originally Posted by ctsmith
Burns, do you feel that you would be less successful in your long range pursuit utilizing mils?

Yes.

Originally Posted by Formidilosus

It works just as well and faster with wind brackets and mils. Using your 264 WM above as an example the wind brackets are 7mph. That means every 100 yards is .1 Mil with a 7mph wind. The math is easy and very quick with just a bit of practice. I taught a buddies 7 year old son how to do it at lunch one day.

I really wish I had more time to address more of your points and will make an effort this weekend if possible but feel this need to be addressed. Sorry for the drive by post.

My .264 Win Mag at my standard density (as I stated in my post) works off a 9 MPH windbracket when using MILs. If you had actually compared your 7 MPH wind bracket with my posted MOA holds you would have seen your mistake.

I can�t help but smile at the irony (a rare instance where that really applies) that I understand MIL windbrackets better than you, yet I choose MOAs.

I find it amusing that some seem to think, even after my explanation of the difference in Military MIL approximations (6400 divisions in a circle) and actual real Milradians, that somehow I just don�t understand MILs.

I get and can use MILs, better than most in the thread. I prefer MOA because it works better, faster and simpler in a hunting optic.

Here are few field pictures of my use of MIL/MIL optics in the field in the past few months. I tend to use and test most everything to keep up on current options.

Feral Pigeon at 370 yds. Leupold MK6 3-18X44 with Horus TREMOR.
[Linked Image]

Coyote at 370yds Leupold MK6 3-18X44 with TMR Reticle.
[Linked Image]

Feel free to hang a picture of you using a MOA reticle/ MOA adjustment optic in the field. My suspicions are you have never actually used an MOA/MOA optic.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.