Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
If your cold bore goes where it's supposed to, there's no need for 2nd and 3rd shots.

Have you never tested a rifle/load combo as I've described?

Was that a serious answer and is this a serious question?

I'm sorry I try not to do this, but I gotta ask, how many big game animals have you killed? Not one person that I have ever met or hunted with that had killed much at all has not had to put more than one round in animals.

Se�or formy,

Of course that's a serious question and answer.

I really don't know how many big game animals I've killed cuz I don't keep a tally, but your question made me at least think. Of the 4 Oryx I've killed, I did shoot one twice because it ran 50 more yards and stopped. I did shoot only one of the many mulies I've killed twice. Shot it at 300 with a .243 and it walked 5 feet and stopped so I let him have another. The first shot was lethal. When I was 18 I shot an antelope at 600 yards with a .22-250 that required a finisher. I've never shot an elk or goat more than once.

Seems to me everyone you've met or hunted with needs to improve their first round accuracy.

Maybe if they really knew where it was going or had a clue about calling wind...

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.