Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Yep. A full-on MOA system would do the same thing, it's just that Miles are currently more available. It seems like we're seeing more and more MOA systems becoming available, which is great!

The big thing for me is not having to guess. No more "hold a half prairie dog high".

Half a pd high might be more accurate than 4 inches or 1 moa or .25 mil etc... due to the fact they vary in size...

Jeff

I would much rather use something the shooter and spotter can both see in the scope to judge holdoff, rather than an arbitrary system of measurement. My idea of what 12 inches vs. the shooters idea can be considerably different, especially on animals or targets that are unfamiliar in size.

It's easy to say "hold half a prairie dog high", because we are both looking at the prairie dog the shooter just missed. If it's the shooter's first time killing p-dogs, and I say "you hit 6 inches low", he really has no way to judge what 6 inches looks like at distance.

This is all much easier if everybody has a coinciding reticle. Then we're using a real measurement, not a guess.

Last edited by prairie_goat; 01/17/14.