Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
pointer GFY, I don't need to show any animals I have killed, I am confident in my abilities, and see no need to brag about it. I come here to learn new things not show people how great I am. if you can't look at my advice to form and think yeah thats good advice to someone who is unfamiliar with the area you are insane and don't know what the hell you are talking about. I am not saying you need to be from here to hunt here, did you actually read formos elk hunt thread?? like I said I offered him all the help I can if he wants to come here to utah. I thought that was a pretty nice gesture, I sure wish somoene else in another state around me would share such knowledge with me!!!! knowledge about odds the units, what kinds of and class of animals to expect is freaking huge. but then again what do I know I don't have pictures posted, I say the mountains are dangerous in the winter during snow storms, I say people should be prepared better, I am scared of the mountains, all I shoot are coyotes and only 1 at that, yeah what do I know.
So a guy travels 1/2 way across the country to a place he's never been, shoots an elk and you think he needs your advice? Really? If you've read his posts much as all, it'd be easily apparent he's no rookie. Care to point out the "good advice" you gave? Looks like to me you were blinded from him not being from the "west" and telling him he was lucky and not very smart. Didn't see much offered in the way of advice.

Even posting lots of pics wouldn't change what I think of you. We both know you aren't refraining because you are that humble. You aren't posting them cause you don't have them. Nothing wrong with that, but don't be giving "advice" about what you don't do.

Hope you enjoy the 5 day deer seasons in the Hunting Capital of the US! laugh