Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Wow. You don't grasp at straws much, do you?

I used SAC for the calc on the 264WM. Didn't and don't care about comparing anything. Sweet so wind brackets work just like the 1/2 distance MOA thing?

Well if working off the 7 MPH or 9MPH drift is as easy as the base 10 MPH drift and if splitting MILs holds into 10th is easy. Wind brackets in MILs is a simply silly method of estimating wind holds. Still it is funny that I understand it better than you, makes me smile.

Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Do tell about all those FFP scopes and spotters available in MOA...?

Not so much a fan of FFP because I use hunting optics with reasonable zoom ratios. shocked

Spotters with reticles sound real cool until you actually use them hunting. In the Big Boy world of hunting the spotter is employed for, literally, days of looking for every second of spotting shots. Reticles seriously degrade a spotters utility for the number one job of finding game. Not mention there are simply no Alpha Level spotters with a reticle of any type.

As I stated in my post I can very simply see MOA in a spotter without a reticle. There are quite a few members here at the Fire that can attest to the fact that I can call pretty good wind (in MOA or MILs) from my Swaro 65mm HD and my Leupy 60mm HD. You might say I am something of a proven entity. grin

You on the other hand are simply an anonymous internet poster who seems to scared to post under your own name. Care to change that and let us all know who you are?????????????

Pat, John B, Rick, Jordan, John (JWP), Larry, Joshua, Shane, Pete, Jeff, and Tanner have all contributed to this thread. Non have felt the need to hide behind a screen name. How about you open up a little and let us know who we are yappin at??

Here is the country I hunt and how we find bucks. Reticles in the spotter are a major distraction and will cost you bucks, bulls, rams, and boars.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You seem full up on theory but lacking in real world application. Funny thing about experience in that it takes time and is pretty expensive. Of course it is also pretty valuable. blush

ps, I cherry picked those picts with the MK6 because they were right about the same range you had "issues" with an elk this year. cool

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.