Originally Posted by cdi23

Did they quit planting bean fields?

If they did nobody told us. I can look out over 2 miles of them from my back yard. We even got hayfields and powerlines too! [/quote]

And we got my personal favorite cut overs. I am all a tither and my heart goes pitter patter thinking about next years deer season. We are going to have a fresh cutover that could give me 5000 yard shots if I owned anything that would stay supersonic that far. Before that the longest shot I had at deer camp was on a bluff shooting down onto a rock bar 1400 yards down the river.
At home I have an 800 yard range in the back yard. I also have a place 6 miles from my home where I can shoot from a piece of property I own there across my buddies dairy farm onto another buddies back field that gives me 1200 yards. Another spot 5 miles further gives me spots to shoot a mile and any range from 1400 to zero. I do not have anywhere to shoot ranges between 1400 and 1760 close by and I can only shoot at a mile on Sunday mornings, but there are plenty of places to shoot long range in the South. I am in probably the worst place ever for shooting long range, but there are still plenty of long range opportunities.