Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Boxer, I'm trying to get in the game and have a few questions if you please...

I've recently acquired the below single shot 54 with a slightly chopped barrel. It has BKL rings and sits in what I was told is a McMillan stock, although I have no idea what style/model it is..I'm also sure you may be the only person who won't poke fun at the color scheme:)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Scope is a fixed 24 leopold with fine crosshairs and dot. The only other scope I have available to me at the time is a 16 X Mil dot SS.
All of my shooting will be from 25 to a realistic max of 300 yards..would like to go farther but just don't have the real estate at the moment.
I have not yet shot this gun on paper, but assume it will do just fine in that regard and have several types of ammo lined up to test that at first chance.
Had it at 300 yards this last weekend with cheapo ammo and was hitting a 12" gong with ease, which was pleasing to me anyway..
Problem was I had to hold a good couple feet over as the erector was maxed out.

So taking into account I'm new to this gun and game, my questions are as follows..
I know your not a fan of that many X's, but which of those scopes would you recommend in conjunction with which DIP rail to get me to 300, but also allow me to shoot at the closer ranges as well? Tis a vague question I know, as I don't know yet the realistic amount of travel I have in the leopold. All I can say is at 300 it needed help. I'm hoping you or others may have some better experience with this scope and could help in that regard.

I have no problem ordering the 75 DIP but if I couldn't get back down to 50-100 yards with it I'd be cutting myself out of the majority of distance my shooting will take place.
Hope that all makes a bit of sense..? Thanks for any insight.

You're the one that bought that?

I owe you a kick to the balls.
Flave, the gentleman and I were able to come to some agreeable trade terms..
And please don't cyber-bully my balls, my wife will get jealous.

Travis

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..