'flave,

You's gonna schit!

ToldjaSo.(grin)

Pete,

I'm a great fan of the rear mounted focus. It's less obtrusive,easy to get too and will of course fend licks better.

I've lonnnggggg gunned MOA erectors and suffered OldSchool MilDots,so they ain't Greek to me or even close. On a fast stepping/high BC centerfire,I'm more apt to factor reticle substension on an OldSchool reticle,than I am a 22LR which requires a whole bunch more correction.

With the 22LR,I'm simply gonna gun the erector for ele,slide wind on the glass,then as a last resort stack the remaining 5 Mils in the windshield,atop a maxed out erector,in order to reach the limits of the platform. Oh I might could remember some closer range substension come-ups,for hasty movers too.(grin) The 16x will track like it has eyes and the depths of the erector's adjustment latitude,is very warm and very fuzzy.

So with a known velocity,a known BC and a known atmosphere...ele corrections ain't gonna be much of an issue,though wind assuredly is. I tend to extrapolate chamberings/boolits at the 1:1 Ratio and that is the distance at which 1MPH of wind,shifts impact 1MOA. That's an intellesting correlation,that reliably [bleep] with heads. The impetus isn't to factor drift in inches,MOA or Mils...but accurately judge wind to the MPH. Different than the way most folks try to connect them dots,but it's the best way to learn it.

My drift charts are all factored in a 10MPH full value and deviations in wind speed are lineal shifts. Directional changes,are as well. My intent is to weigh the direction and velocity of the wind in MPH,which is then a lineal relation with my 10MPH dope. So numerous gents can be gunning a wide spectrum of headstamps/boolits,yet still be fending a like atmospheric condition. Their drift values are assuredly gonna be different(due both BC and velocity),but if all make accurate influx determinations,the connect percentages will be alike. Now NOONE reads the wind with 100% accuracy and to fend connect percentages shy of same,one obviously opts the best melding of boolit velocity/BC. To hone wind skills,the 1:1 Ratio is a nice barometer of relative evaluation.

So my LFB hits the 1:1 Ratio at the 1425yd line. A 105 Berger Hybrid at a modest 3300fps in a standard atmosphere at sea level,eats 10MOA of 10MPH full value wind at the 1425yd line.

Flip side. In a 54 Anschutz flingin' Eley EPS at 1100fps,in like conditions/atmosphere,the 1:1 Ratio is at the 280yd line. Noone connects them dots...yet most are afforded ample 280yd opportunity,where 1425 is a literal stretch. The skills requisite in each scenario,are identical. Hint.

A 16x Fixed [bleep] will reach the 300yd line from a 25yd zero,on a "flat" based 22LR and easily. That ain't the issue,the issue is how much erector latitude one's tossing in the garbage can,unknowingly. One is throwing more erector travel away,than the Leupold 24X has in it's whole enchilada,which is prolly the point.(grin)

Now it don't add great expense,great weight or any other concession(s),to reap a far greater slice of the inherent latitude available at one's finger tips. Worst case scenario is,now and again a guy gets his ass handed to him by the wind. There are worse things to "suffer" and pushing the overall skill set,while building familiarity with a platform and it's ammo,ain't the worst of news.(grin)

Though you'll always run the "risk" of Gibby cleaning your clock,with Kentucky Windage,fueled heavily with Imagination and Pretend.

Laffin'!

'fiable,

Elevation is Physics...Wind is VooDoo.

Simply count how much the 16x has in it's ele travel(does not matter,if it's on a rifle or not) and then it's easy to extrapolate inclination moves from that determination. If you've 150MOA or more,the 75MOA rail is your bitch.

For converation,a 10MPH full value wind slide,via the above cited Eley EPS at 1100fps,transpires at the 520yd line. Hint. The erector come-up,to lace same is 103.5MOA...which is 7 spins(105MOA and 1.5 skinned out). NEVER think "clicks",ALWAYS think whole values.

You've alotta bases very WELL covered.

Just got off the horn with you,so you can know what I mean.(grin) With 120MOA on tap,the 25MOA rail is your Huckleberry.

Killer Rifle you've got there.

Toldja I had the hacksaw cooling off,as you rang.

[Linked Image]

Now after talking about your receiver,you see the (6) set screws and understand their function...though this is an AMT 10/22 and there's breech block concerns inherent(base moving under recoil).

[Linked Image]

Fixed [bleep] erector denotations,as per the vertical scale on a MilQuad.

[Linked Image]

Spill your guts,after you get 'er running WFO.