Originally Posted by RichardAustin

Goalie, you using free weights or machines to get that build? How much you dead lifting? 7/800?

Free weights. Pull ups. Push ups. Jump rope.

All the stuff a goalie does to not get hurt playing with people who are actually athletic and have Stanley Cup rings.

Hockey Day Minnesota outdoor game 2012:

[Linked Image]

Laughing as the Defending the Blue Line guys gave me crap since I played for the NHL Alum instead of the military team (and got a shutout on TV):

[Linked Image]

That guy with no helmet and the purple hat, he was the captain of the Red Wings.

[Linked Image]

My name's on my jersey, and people here have met me.

It's the internet. Pissing matches are a joke. I just find it really, REALLY hard to believe that Mr High-Speed, Low-Drag is the real deal. He acts so much differently than everyone I know who actually was elite, whether in the military or just in sports.

All I know is I will be having beer with 24HC members in Blaine MN next week and NOT calling them fat-asses or generally being an a-hole.

But, to answer the question: I dead lift and squat enough that I have played goalie since the 1970's without needing lower body surgery. I am not a one-trick pony, and, despite TAK's blather, running isn't a one-way ticket to an ortho surgeon. (I do bike more than run these days, but have not fallen apart yet despite running a LOT for many years.)

I have not said doing crossfit stuff is bad. Heck, I've been known to juggle on a balance board for a warm-down.

Peace. Out.

wink