Originally Posted by okok
Just curious, who is held to a higher esteem a Navy Seal or a Army Ranger? Green Beret? Or I'm I forgetting another division?
Never served so this is foreign to me.

You can answer the question yourself even lacking personal experiences eatin' snakes and frogs and chitt. Ask yourself who various members of our services look up to. Ask when and where. The answer is found there Grasshopper.

I'll give you some perspective:

Spec Ops dudes will look up to chopper pilots when they are plucked from a hot LZ. Chopper pilots will look up to Grunts who pull their azz out of the skillet after getting shot down, then they will both look up to the chopper pilots who pluck them out of the chitt. They will ALL look up to the TAC Air that put down HE during the extraction. The crewchiefs will be the quiet heroes of all those egotistical bastids because the birds didn't break when the chitt was in the wind.

But if something goes a little sideways and you find yourself in the Evac Hospital, you will look up to the doctors, nurses and the fella sweeping blood out of the ER with a push broom.

When you're feelin' better you will look up at the Doughnut Dolly and have base thoughts about her at the same time. She in turn will look up at you (in her heart) as the greatest hero she met in the last 15 minutes.

It's a mutual admiration society. Egos don't mean chitt when it's down and dirty.

Now and then even Cookie is admired.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain