Encouraging a 12 year old to shoot a game animal from a distance of over 3/4 mile hardly seems ethical, right, or wise. Numerous reasons for this have been stated in previous posts, so I will not reiterate them here. Those same reasons strongly support the notion that an adult choosing to shoot game animals at these same distances is unsportsmanlike, unethical, wrong and unwise. Similarly, identifying such acts as hunting is not appropriate.

The stunt featured in this video reminded me of a notion my brother's been beating his drum about for a decade. He refers to it as the "Pussification of the American Youth". Citing participation trophies, non-competitive sports, classes without grades, irrationally risk averse parenting strategies, etc., he points out the increasing rate at which Americans spoil their children to the disadvantage of these children and society in general. I'm not sure he's originally responsible for the colorful moniker "pussification", but I've always attributed it to him. Either way, I'd bet my brother'd see this stunt as more "pussification". Taking this a bit further towards its logical conclusion, I thought to myself, what's next? Maybe we should legalize hunting with drones, then our children could hunt from the safety and comfort of the couch in their suburban living rooms. Really, what's the difference? I agree, this was exotic target practice, devoid of any of the hard and real stuff that makes a hunt hunting. I'm in agreement with the rest of you who found this stunt sad and disgraceful.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty