A couple of observations. Ive been a competitive benchrest shooter for years, some years more competitive than others.The last 20 years have been more focused on 600yd bench rest- yeah less than 1/2 the distance the kid shot. Most of the people I share a firing line with have shot for years and have spared no expense on equipment. We all know in the minute from sight in to record fire the POI can shift inches sometimes several. With a solid bench, known range , wind flags, and a lot of etceteras. 1376 yds cold shot-HUH! If we play by military rules a wounded animal is OK. I dont think we want that. Another thought, say the animal runs 25 yd and piles up. If you dont have good fixed landmarks and a good spotter, can you be sure of recovery? I dont know. How many times can a clean miss be a clean miss? I dont know. I can come up with quite a few more musing on this topic, but as the majority here seems to think, the ethics are a bit questionable. Maybe like a commercial p.........g contest.
Even if I could I wouldnt.

precision is group shooting, accuracy is hitting your intended target.