Let's delve further into the arena of disdain. In a previous thread we saw some videos of the Benoits shooting running Deer and it would be hard to argue against them being some of the best Deer hunters in America. I happen to wish I had their knowledge and ability. Yet I can guarantee you they have more than a few times hit Deer in spots most here would not consider to be a great shot.I can also be sure they have missed on the first-or second-go more than once. It happens when you take snap shots on quickly moving animals often with a small window.

The one frame showed a particular example. The Deer was hit high spine almost half way back. I doubt if that Deer went very far, but a little further off and chances are it would have been a tough recovery or perhaps and animal that eventually died without.

While they have made more than their share of one shot kills, they also hunt in a manner that a kill often comes about from more or less eventually breaking an animal down with multiple shots vs exact precise shooting.

Can't remember ever seeing them doing the high fives, which is something I disdain. In fact I prefer to walk up to a killed animal without anyone else being around.

I think few here would say the Benoits have disdain for the Deer they kill, yet from the way they hunt, you can bet money every shot isn't dead center perfect and some never find the mark. Yet they keep shooting until they no longer have anything to shoot at.

Just throwing some thoughts out onto the screen and I'm sure some will think the way the Benoits hunt is disdainful, based on where the bullets may sometimes land. I don't happen to be one of them.

Last edited by battue; 02/25/16.

laissez les bons temps rouler