With regards to enforcing a limit on long range shooting of game, I am reminded of another controversy that routinely is hashed out in my home state of Louisiana.

The limit on Speckled Trout in LA is 25/person. Every year, on local outdoors forums guides post pics of their clients successful fishing trips. These chartered trips aren't cheap, speckled trout are delicious table fare. While certainly not guaranteed, 4 man limits on 4 man Charters are not uncommon, there is usually the gratuitous pics of the grinning fishermen with their mountain of trout.

And every year when the successful guides start posting the pictures, the same chorus arrises - the limits are too high, the resources are being depleted, LA F&G needs to lower the limits. Other states limits are much lower, ours should be too! Somebody must do something before the trout populations are decimated - Just LOOK at the pictures on the forums for proof!

And every year after the chorus reaches a fever pitch some poor soul from La Dept of Wildlife is badgered into giving a response, which is the same every year: Every year they conduct extensive creel surveys, including what the guides/guided customers catch. The average number of fish per fisherman per trip? Two.

Lowering the limits would have ZERO effect because so few people are successful at catching anywhere close to the limit - despite what you see on the Internet.

I suspect this situation with long range hunting is similar - despite what you see on the Internet, so few people are capable of doing it that it has zero appreciable effect on the game populations...

David