Originally Posted by wildcat33
For me ethics have nothing to do with hunting; except the ethics of obeying the laws.

That's a scary statement. Ethics is about morality. It's hard to imagine a man that takes the scripture so seriously but can put his morals in a box and say when they apply and when they don't.

So we have made it clear we all have our own set of values. I think OP's original statement applies to the customs and values of the group as a whole. For example, it's customary to hunt lions with dogs, it's customary to hunt coyotes with long range gear, it's customary to snag paddlefish, trap foxes, etc. So as a group it's up to us to decide what is acceptable or not for elk hunting. I'd like to hear some ideas on what that looks like....

Ringman will never catch on to the level of hypocrisy he's just exhibited, nor will he understand why it's hypocritical.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.