To impress you it would have to be a borrowed rifle, in .30-06 and using coreloks. Any specific grain of bullet to narrow it down for a fair chase win?

Fair chase, just what is it? Couple 1000 words to help you make some decisions.

[Linked Image]

This stand has been there for perhaps 20years and at least over 50-60 Deer have been shot out of it. I've killed probably 15 or so. Bucks and Does. It is 220 to the top right of the crest and it tapers down to 150 to the right. Out the back left side it goes to 260. It is an evening hot spot and Deer have been shot from almost point blank out to the edges. Fair chase to sit in there on a cold December night and shoot a Deer? Heck they hardly pay any attention to it any more. Some would be fairly safe with irons, not so much with a scope.

One nice Buck I shot running across the field at around 50 yards. Hit him two out of three. Was it more fair chase with him running vs just walking out and standing there?

300 or so yard behind it is this one. It's falling in and you have to prop it up and rearrange things to find a place to stick the barrel out. Few have been shot out of here also. Came up on it one time before season and this fellow came walking up at around 60 yards away. In season would it have been fair chase to shoot him close to another stand that has been there 20 years or so? Who knows how many times he walked by it without a care.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This small Buck was still inside the wood in front of the first stand and I was on the edge. Would it have been more of a fair chase since I wasn't in the stand? He would have been just as dead if I was going to shoot him.

[Linked Image]

So, where does fair chase begin.

laissez les bons temps rouler