Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by rost495
divide and conquer.. its in our own ranks....

This is the sad part of it all. There are a few among us that are always testing the limits. For fear of division among the ranks, there is always some justification for pushing those limits.

It wasn't that long ago and some computer geek was trying to sell the idea of shooting deer out of a tree stand with a computer and a mouse. Those that could stomach that philosophy are stretching that distance thing too far.

How far is too far, seems to be a question that doesn't have the perfect answer. Maybe a lazer guided missile would still be acceptable to some, where do you draw the line?

It is obvious that this video isn't about the shooting skill of this 12 year old kid, it is about the adults that are using a kid to legitimize their ambitions to make long shots look easy and foolproof.

The first shot was a complete miss, that should have ended the video, but no, they had him load up and shoot again. That kid had no more idea of shooting long range than he had of flying a jet. They just put him in the pilot's seat and handed him the controls.

I really hope this kind of stunt shooting goes away and people get enough sense to use their own skills to get close enough to make the shot or just not shoot...

The "divide and conquer" part was initiated by an over-zealous dad and whomever the video owner happens to be. That kind of stuff should probably be limited to a few close friends if it needs to be shared at all - and I don't blame them for wanting to.

I have to say though, it does change the concept of "be sure of your target...and what's beyond." Perhaps a more contemporary rule should also include "and what's in the unseen foreground." I reckon it might have been a bit disconcerting to walk up on that bull and find a couple guys skinning it after it stumbled toward them and died while they were hiking up toward the clearing where they had first seen them. ("Cool, Son, you almost had a twofer, a quadruped and a biped. Instead you got an O-fer. Too bad.") That sure could have made a lasting impression on the kid.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.