Someone brought up "disdain" in a post several pages back. I have disdain for the posts, not the posters who bad mouth folks who shoot at game a long way off. (The posters would probably be great around a real campfire.) If they don't like it don't open a long range hunting thread.

I am convinced most statistics are made up at the time of use. With that said, I am convinced 95% of hunters would never see an elk at even 700 yards in that setting. Also, I am convinced 75% of them would not have equipment to make the shot if they did see it. And of those who do have the equipment 90% of them sighted in their scope for 100 yards or 200 yards and don't have any idea how many minutes of angle to dial in to make a killing shot. How many of us have heard someone say something like, "My .300 magnum goes out about 200 yards before it goes up before it starts on its downward arc,"?

If they did see it at 700 yards and were going to shoot at it, they would think it was a mile and aim fifty feet over it.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter