I haven't read all of the responses; so, pardon me if I am redundant. To me, three things stuck out like a turd in a punchbowl.

1) After that elk moved, nobody took another range reading. Isn't that an important factor in long range shooting? It is in my book. Especially after a first shot miss. At that point, didn't it just become guesswork?

2) That kid must be on valium. My kids got more excited smoking prairie dogs than that kid did shooting a nice bull. And when they each got their first elk, a cow each, you'd have thought my kids won the lottery. I'm not passing judgment, it just jumped out at me.

3) Holy crap, I've never hunted anything with an entire posse. Even if me and a group of friends that large went hunting together, we all split up as we headed into the field. Heck, that was an entire infantry squad of people.

Last edited by TheBigSky; 02/26/16. Reason: I corrected a spelling error. Big Stick English is hard.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ