Originally Posted by 378Canuck
The way I see it if snipers can try, with government blessing to take out human targets at any distance in Muslim countries, fully endorsed by your President why can't a 12 year old shoot a critter at similar distance?

That is pure stupidity and does not belong in this conversation. A sniper's job is to disable the enemy-irrelevant as to whether he is dead or not. Actually, a wounded combatant is better, because some dumbass needs to drag him off.

Shooting animals is intended to kill them, NOT HAVE THEM JUST DISABLED to die later!!

There are good points made in this thread and ethics is in the eye of the beholder. I think, however, that it is pure crap that Davidson's are using a kid to push their shooting systems and the BS Berger target bullets.

I know that they have lost at least one lease due to the amount of shot-and-lost animals that the landowner found. THERE is an ethics discussion! The other long-range clown show had a cameraman quit due his disgust at lack of follow-up on assumed MISSED long shots.

Shooting long targets is great fun, but leave it at that. The furry ones deserve better.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.