Having watched the video a second time I’d like to make a few observations for those who haven’t watched it at all:

1. The elk was at 1376 yards. According to the video there is a 24”gong at 1360 yards that “these boys shoot all the time”. Whether “these boys” includes the 12-year old kid or not is unclear and there is no mention of hit rates.
2. At the end of the video there was, not surprisingly, an overlay advertising Gunwerks.
3. There were at least 6 people involved in the filming of the video – 5 that you see in the video plus at least one more holding the camera. (And it wouldn’t surprise me if there were at least 2 unseen people in the camera crew)
4. It appears the “hunters” knew where the elk were before they climbed to the shooting position.
5. It also appears to me that the rifle was a short action which, if using cartridges listed on the Gunwerks web site would limit it to a 6XC (6mm).
6. It also appears there was plenty of opportunity to get closer to the elk.

I agree with 8SNAKE that “This video is nothing more than a commercial that happened to involve an elk getting killed.” The lesson for the kid that I would have preferred would have involved leaving the camera crew and other onlookers in their dust as the dad taught his kid how to stalk the elk to get as close as possible before shooting.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.