Smokepole,

You’ve seemed to argue that either the elk in this video was shot with disdain (or "near disdain") or was an inanimate long range target or both. To say that a 12 year old was capable of this kind of disdain is certainly reasonable. It is widely accepted that children exhibit sociopathic tendencies. Adults diagnosed with Antisocial Personality Disorder (a diagnosis recently reserved for adults by the DSM V) are often identified as having treated animals with cruelty as a child.

I ‘m not sure this is the case here and I’m pretty sure you don’t either, but it certainly could be. Rather, its seems much more likely that at a distance of 1276 yards for the 12 year old, the elk was an inanimate object. Watching his reaction in the video, it’s hard to tell what’s going on. It certainly should have become real when coming up on the animal during recovery. Again, it's hard to read what’s going on for him, as his father does most of the talking. The boy's only clear reaction is his smile when Dad high-fives him. I read that as a boy being happy that he pleased his father.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty