Originally Posted by northern_dave

[Linked Image]

It was important to us to find a 351 in the period from 69-74 so we would have the right block and cylinder heads (mostly the heads) 60.4cc chambers. We can easily utilize key components of the correct M code 69 engine by pitching the dish pistons and running flat tops with valve reliefs. I believe for cam we will likely select someone's combo of cam, lifters, timing gear set and springs. Likely an edelbrock offering that targets a range from idle and up. We'll top it with a new 4 barrel with elect choke and a dual plane alum intake, likely headers too.
The FMX trans is what this Mach 1 came with originally so we feel good about rebuilding this one and sticking it back in there.

Dave,

I too was going to rebuild the FMX for my 69 351W. I'm having issues finding guys that actually do it for a few reasons. 1) The parts are very hard to come by they're telling me. 2) They're dinosaurs. The c4/c6 seems to be an easier to rebuild trans, they're lighter, and can withstand some abuse.

If your guy is going to rebuild that for you, maybe I should get his info from you and give him a shout.

Camp is where you make it.